• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need help with BlueSCSI

Digitalman

Experienced Member
Trying to figure out why my BlueSCSI is not working. (Not sure the version but it's an STM controller)

Pentium 133 MoBo running Windows 98.

Tried two different SCSI cards: Adaptec AHA-1510A(ISA) and AHA-2930 (PCI)

The images are mounting ok according to the LOG file. The 2930 BIOS hangs while scanning the LUNs and eventually produces a timeout message. If I change the LUN ID (say from 0 to 1) then adapter will hang when it reaches that LUN number. Tried different images sizes, and tried exFAT and FAT32 SD cards. Termination on/off.. same results. Updated the firmware, same results.

Anyone know if this is supposed to work? Any ideas? Thanks!
IMG_20240213_174855.jpg

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I last touched a BlueSCSI board, but I remember them being very temperamental about the disk images used and the names of the volumes on the SD card.

IIRC, there was a tool used to generate volume images to put on the SD card, but I could never get that to work. I had to use the pre-generated empty volume images listed in the instructions/tutorial at the time. The file names on the SD card also had to be perfect and contain no typos, else I would run into the issue you describe where the SCSI controller couldn't find any volumes, or would freeze trying to detect them.

Turns out I had my resistor arrays in backwards... doh! Working now that I reversed them all.

Back