• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need help with monitor issue

VintageComputerman

Veteran Member
Anyone know what this issue might be caused by?

Hooked up to a working system. Is there an adjustment required? Bad cable connection or bad caps?

Any help is appreciated.

Apple IIGS monitor model A2m6014
[h=1]Apple GS Monitor.jpg[/h][h=1][/h]

It was a working monitor but has been stored for years and not used.

Maybe the cable is the wrong one.

I don't see a hsync button.

I'm trying to help someone in Japan figure this out. He said he tried the hysync and it did nothing. The cable has 5 over 3 pins and 2 over 1. I can't find anything on line that shows the connector pins. Just wondering if it's the wrong cable. Also looking for someone in Kobe Hyogo Japan who could diagnose and fix it. He doesn't speak Japanese.

Look at the cable. Is it appropriate for that computet/monitor? Is that monitor analog? If so no use trying it with say a pc + cga. It could be the cable. Could be the monitor. Could be the computer. The only way to know really is to test witj a known good monitor.

I'm trying to help someone in Japan figure this out. He said he tried the hysync and it did nothing. The cable has 5 over 3 pins and 2 over 1. I can't find anything on line that shows the connector pins. Just wondering if it's the wrong cable. Also looking for someone in Kobe Hyogo Japan who could diagnose and fix it. He doesn't speak Japanese.

If twisting the hsync know did nothing? That's curious. If should habe produced some visible results even if not tje desire ones. I think.

It looks and sounds like whatever source he's trying is putting out a horizontal frequency the monitor doesn't like. If adjusting hsync didn't help, see if he has another source that might work with it. If I remember correctly, the Apple IIGS outputs 15 kHz the same as the NTSC standard on its RGB output, so it won't work with most old VGA sources.

Back