• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need OS for my 128k

DaddyZ

You've probably seen this request more than a few times- but I am in need of an os disk for a Mac 128k I recently acquired. Since I have no other Apple computers in the fold, I'm kind of stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get one? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount.

Thanks for your help

you could try over at the 68kmla.net

somebody may live near you and may be kind enough to stick one in the post for you.

as another idea - if old macs are going to be your thing then buying a powerbook 1xx series would be an easy and cheap way to make disks for now and the future too.

Join the club. I got a 512K and have been through Hell and back a few times looking for software for it. I posted on another forum and someone sent me a link, which is at the bottom of this message. It's a bit expensive, but I have found it nowhere else. I guess Mac software that you have to run off floppy disks doesn't get around much, seems you really need it to run your Mac, and seems so many Macs are around...

--Ryan

It all looks legit, but seems I never dealt with them before, I cannot know for sure or be held responsible for any problems.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/rrbp/

If you look around Google long enough, you're bound to come across an image of what you need, although you'll have to run them from your PC to an early-90's era Mac to your 128K...

DON"T pay those stupendous prices for copies of the Mac 128K OS!!!!! I have an archive of all that software and can fix you up with a real disk. Email me if you want help.

Yeah, there are a few of us who have offered to do it for 'free'. (I'd just charge for shipping, and maybe $1.00 for the disk.)

Back