• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Need some keys for an Apple IIe

Old Thrashbarg

Veteran Member
I've just acquired an enhanced IIe, but the keyboard is in rather rough shape... the 4, 5, 6, and 8 keys are missing, and the stalks are broken off of the switches. I'd expected such parts to be pretty common on eBay, at least they were not too long ago, but there don't seem to be any listings at the moment.

So, anybody have those four keys to spare for a reasonable price? I'd also be willing to trade, if I happen to have something you're looking for.

This is the later style keyboard with the black lettering. I'd like to get some switches as well, but since the existing ones do still work, I suppose I could reconstruct the stalks if necessary. I don't need mint condition, and actually a bit yellowed and worn would probably be better to match the rest of the keyboard, since I don't plan on bothering with retrobright on this thing.

Edit: Wait... what? I could've sworn I posted this in the 'Wanted' section... :oops:
If a mod happens to see this, please move it to the appropriate area.

Last edited:
Are you looking for beige of platinum? Another thing is that it's best you attach some photos of your existing key switches; I know of at least three different key switches used in IIe over the decade it was in production. (Yes, I desoldered all the key switches off a IIe keyboard a few weeks ago.)

It's just a regular beige one (or at least it was, until some clown painted it).

Here's a picture of the situation. Pardon the dust bunnies... it's my first 8-bit Apple machine, so I've been too busy playing with it to get around to cleaning it up yet.

MVC-005F.JPG

Back