• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Needed: copy of Tandy 1000 TX original boot disk please

TRS-Ian

Veteran Member
Hi, can someone please make and send me a copy of the original Tandy 1000 TX boot disk, its a 3.5" 720K version DOS 3.2 or 3.3

I need to because while I can format my TX with DOS 5.00, when I then proceed to format a 3.5" 720K disk it only formats as a 360K, regardless of which switches I put after the format command.

Happy to pay post costs by paypal.

Cheers,

Ian.

Unfortunately, I can't format a disk for you, but what I can do is provide you a possible solution, taken from the excellent Tandy 1000 FAQ:

II.C.6. My 720k floppy drive formats disks at 360k. What can I do?

This can happen if you upgrade the DOS version (see section III.A.2.), or after adding a 720k drive to an older system that didn't come with one. Use the DRIVPARM command in CONFIG.SYS:
DRIVPARM=/D:0 /F:2 /H:2 /S:9 /T:80
(For drive A: - drive B: is /D:1, etc.) If that doesn't work, try DRIVER.SYS instead:

DEVICE=DRIVER.SYS /D:0 /F:2 /H:2 /S:9 /T:80
DRIVER.SYS will create a new drive letter, while DRIVPARM will not - see your DOS manual. There are also third-party utilities to deal with this situation, for example:

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/tvdog/tandy1000/utilities/setbpb.zip
Note that you must be running DOS 3.2 or later for any of the above to work. If you are still using 2.11, it is time to upgrade. Get the SX disk set from the system directory on the Tvdog site for Tandy DOS 3.2.

Thanks Raifield, that DRIVPARM command worked well. I now have my station set up to make DSK files, which I can then send to those who can appreciate them.

Cheers,

Ian.

Back