• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NetMetrix/UX for HP-UX/Solaris (HP LanProbe network monitor)

MindWalker

Experienced Member
Hi.

(This is more a software question but as it seem to be heavily tied to HP-UX side of things, I though this sub would be more suitable)

I bought this nifty little device just recently, a HP LanProbe III (4986A). I found a manual for the close-enough -B model and it talks about the software called NetMetrix which appears to have been available for HP-UX (the device is mentioned in the 1998 HP-UX Workstation PA-RISC accessory manual) and Solaris.

The latter would be of interest to me as I have a Sparcstation 4 running 2.6, so naturally I'd love to have a look at the contemporary software. If that was anywhere to be found. It appears to be sold for some time and sold under both HP and Agilent branding. Anyone have a copy of the software? Or perhaps even a copy of a later firmware files?

The box itself is working and I've been able to get an snmpwalk from it (including the name of the previous admin and location as these were still in the sysContact and sysLocation - neat!) and probably it would be easiest to just use SNMP to talk with it. But it would be cool to see what the original software looked like and if there was some more information to be found about these boxes!

Back