• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New 8-bit ISA SCSI Card - ASPI driver needed

doc_rob

Hello, i made a clone of a NCL501 SCSI card (see github: LINK). Unfortunately it is a very poor design (at least from the driver side) it has many limitations and i still haven't found an ASPI driver.
Does anybody know this card:

NCL 501.jpg

Nice work! It's great to see storage cards like this being cloned.

I'm not familiar with this manufacturer, at all, unfortunately. I know, and used, many other SCSI vendors' products, but not this one.

- Alex

I've tried the T128 Stuff and also ASPILS_D.SYS, even tried the 6.3U BIOS from this thread :VCFed Link but none of it works. The card is slightly different to the above mentioned "Sumo Systems / Storage Plus, Inc "SCSI-AT". Reportedly this model was later renamed to "SPI 200"."
I checked the schematics from olegs github Link and compared it to my card. Unfortunately the GAL Equations are missing. I also have a Rancho RT1000 Clone on my Github but i really wanted something with a 5380 Chip not a 53C400 like the Rancho.

Without knowing what's in the GALs, it's going to be pretty hard. There's a Linux driver for the 5380 on Github, if you want to try spinning your own DOS driver.

There should be a driver somewhere, since this is, or was, a commercially available card. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. It is just sad that many of the software for old computer products is missing.
At least the card boots now and for the boot-harddisk you don't need a ASPI Driver.

-robert

Back