• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New at www.Apple2Online.com

Drken

Experienced Member
I'm pleased to announce a new library dedicated to the Penguin Software/Polarware catalog of games & utilities on www.Apple2Online.com. The library went online on 1-1-14.

I've been working with Mark Pelczarski, founder of Penguin Software/Polarware, for several months now. We've managed to accumulate just about all of the titles, but we are missing a few. Mark has been providing uncopy-protected copies of the software he has in his personal archive, and we're hoping these copies will replace the pirated copies of years past. Both software and high-quality documents in searchable PDF formats are available in the library. We even have some titles which never made it to the marketplace!

Also, during 2013, we added hundreds of high-quality scans of a variety of documents. We're also continuing to flesh out the magazine archives, and the inCider is nearing completion. I believe we have one more year to get up and several individual issues from a variety of other years are still missing, but we continue to get contributions to fill out the library. Once I have the inCider library pretty much done, I will turn my attention to A+ magazine. I have a majority of the issues, but still need some to complete the archive.

Finally, we have a high-quality searchable PDF of Mark's acclaimed book, "Graphically Speaking" along with the program listings from the book on disk! [Aside: I have a few brand new copies of Graphically Speaking for sale in my webstore.]

And unlike some other sites, I encourage distribution of the original A2OL scans - the entire purpose of putting them up is to allow the widest audience possible to use and enjoy them!

Ken
www.Apple2Online.com

And unlike some other sites, I encourage distribution of the original A2OL scans - the entire purpose of putting them up is to allow the widest audience possible to use and enjoy them!

What other sites would those be, Ken? ;)

Hello Ken,

There are dead links on the Penguin software/Polarware page :
- Bouncing Kamungas
- Spy's Demise (1982)

FYI The Spy's Demise link is okay.

Sorry for being so late to respond (I was in DC for a meeting) and many thanks for letting me know about the links. They are now fixed.

Let me know if you find any other issues.

Ken
www.Apple2Online.com

I tried creating an account to your website but i guess i didn't qualify (its been about 1 yr since) ha. is there a secret handshake or is this a pay site?

The Secret Handshake

The Secret Handshake

I tried creating an account to your website but i guess i didn't qualify (its been about 1 yr since) ha. is there a secret handshake or is this a pay site?

There is definitely a "secret handshake" required - the directions are quite clear on that. If you requested an account and it was never approved, you didn't follow the directions for the secret handshake. Please give it another try and don't forget the secret handshake!

We get literally dozens and dozens of account requests from bots daily (anywhere from 50 to 100+ each day), thus the reason for the secret handshake. BTW, the account is only required for posting to the forums - everything else on the site is freely accessible and open to everyone, with or without a forums account.

Ken
www.Apple2Online.com

Back