• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Cottonwood BBS Photos

wiskow

Experienced Member
I just posted new photos of the setups for both Cottonwood BBS and Cottonwood II on the BBS's website at http://cottonwood.servebbs.com ... If you want to see what a C128 setup looks like with six 1571's and four 1541's (device #'s 8 through 17), then check it out! :)

-Andrew

Quite awesome. Maybe this weekends project will be getting one of my Commodore systems to connect to the BBS. I have to check if I even have a serial port though.. out of all the systems I have I'm not sure I recall that type of adapter on the back.

I never completed my palm cradle hack (not sure why since it's quite a simple soldering job) but that would take some SLIP supported program on the commodore.. as well as the rs232 port.

Quite awesome. Maybe this weekends project will be getting one of my Commodore systems to connect to the BBS. I have to check if I even have a serial port though.. out of all the systems I have I'm not sure I recall that type of adapter on the back.

I never completed my palm cradle hack (not sure why since it's quite a simple soldering job) but that would take some SLIP supported program on the commodore.. as well as the rs232 port.

If you don't have the required hardware to connect a Commodore to call out to the Telnet BBS's, then the "next best thing" is using CGTERM, which emulates a real Commodore graphic terminal program and runs on Windows and Mac OS X. There's a link to download CGTERM on my BBS's website. Also, there's a link there to Jeff Ledger's PDF file there which explains exactly how to connect a Commodore to a PC for calling Telnet BBS's with "authentic" hardware. :)

-Andrew

Back