• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Hermes Engraver PC

KD2IXL

Experienced Member
Hello all,
I saved from the trash at my fire company a little 133 MHz Pentium machine, 16MB running Win95, that had some interesting software. It was a "New Hermes" branded PC. It was used to run a New Hermes bench top CNC/Engraver. I tried looking up the software online but can't find it anywhere. I imaged the whole 2GB drive using dd and copied a backup of it onto multiple systems. If anyone has one of these engravers and needs the control software I would be more than happy to provide it. I had an HP/Agilent Telecom Internet Analyzer and nobody had the image for the DOS edition so I could never run the machine after the HDD died. This drove me to back it up for both historical and legacy purposes.

The producer of that software (Gravotech?) may not appreciate you distributing it. Industrial equipment with computer specs like that usually aren't exactly "abandonware".

I didn’t think it was industrial, commercial maybe, but not industrial it’s pretty small for an engraver. From what I’ve found it’s for jewelry. That why I didn’t host the file with a specific link, it’s available upon request for the historical restoration of machines I doubt they are still supporting these devices I couldn’t find a single Gravotech trademark. Only New Hermes, however I can’t find whether they rebranded as gravotech, according to the gravotech website they were partners, but it makes no mention of a merger/buyout.

Back