• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New Retrogaming channel on YouTube: It's a Pixel THING

Many of you will certainly remember the tapes, disks and, more recently, CDs that started to come bundled with our favorite video game magazines, but do you recall when it all began?
Let’s take a look!

The Origins of Cover Media - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#75

2015 was a great year for the show, so let’s take a look at some highlights and statistics that are shaping the path to where the channel is going!
And have an awesome 2016!

2015 Re-Cap: Best Videos, Feedback & Shout-outs - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#76

Year in review highlighting practically every single video game mentioned on the show and some special moments that marked 2015!
Come aboard!

It's a Pixel THING 2015 Moments - Special Episode

Last year I’ve played a lot of stuff, but I believe that only one game was a 2015 release! With that in mind, here’s my Top 5 video games that I’ve played last year for the very first time!

TOP 5 Games Played in 2015 for the First Time - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#77

Back in the 80s and early 90s, the hardware and software evolution and inovation were always side-to-side with arcades, and, it was in those obscure and dark places, that I would decide which title I would buy next for my ZX Spectrum or Amiga.
Let's take a look at my all time favorites!

A Tribute to Arcade Classics - My TOP 26 Games - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#78

Let's discover the amazing story of British developer Imagine Software, its ascent to the stars and spectacular demise!

Imagine Software, the place where Dreams come True - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#79

Let's take a look at the 37 video games, 2 brand new consoles and other related items that I've recently added to my collection! There's games for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and many other gaming related things!
Enjoy!

Video Game Pickups #7 - 37 Games + 2 New Consoles - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#80

25 years ago, a tiny and basic character animation lead to one of the greatest video games ever made!
Let’s celebrate the birthday of Lemmings!

25 Years of Lemmings - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#81

As seen in one of my last videos, Psygnosis rose from the ashes of Imagine Software.
Let’s take a look at its legacy!

Psygnosis, the Legacy - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#82

Let's take a look at Microsoft’s attempt on revolutionizing the way we controlled First Person Shooters on PC, ditching the keyboard and mouse scheme!

Microsoft SideWinder Dual Strike Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#83

As you know, Sony acquired Psygnosis in 1993, the perfect ally for their World domination!
So, let’s take a look at Psygnosis’ PlayStation Years!

Psygnosis, the PlayStation Years - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#84

Once again, Sony decided to close another awesome European studio that developed exclusive PlayStation titles: Evolution Studios.
Let’s take a look back to their origins and top moments.

Farewell, Evolution Studios - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#85

As I’ve said on a couple of different occasions, on every system I own I have a favorite pinball video game!
So, this week I’m gonna point out my 10 All Time Classics from the 80s and 90s!

My Top 10 Classic Pinball Video Games - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#86

Let's discover a video game developer formed by the best European programmers and musicians known for their amazing work on the Atari ST DemoScene!

The DemoScene and Thalion Software - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#87

Celebrating the 34th birthday of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, let me share with you my gaming memories from those good old days of pirated games!

My ZX Spectrum Memories - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#88

Are you happy with video games' prices? Do you buy and support this "new" practice for Special and Collectors Editions?
Let's take a look at video games' prices through the years!

Video Games' Prices Through the Years - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#89

I thought that it would be great to compile Pixel THING's Episodes 55 and 56 into one, now that 2016 E3 is just around the corner.
So, if you missed those, here you have my 1-hour-long E3 20 Year Retrospective with some of the greatest announcements ever on the history of video gaming!
Enjoy!

E3 20-Year Retrospective [1995 - 2015] - It's a Pixel THING - Special Episode

2016 celebrates the 25th birthday of the title that made me proud of owning an Amiga! Turrican 2 - The Final Fight, was the perfect home arcade experience that I was after with stunning graphics and an overwhelming soundtrack!
Let’s take a look!

25 Years of Turrican II, The Final Fight - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#90

Let's take a "quick" look at the 80 video games that I've recently added to my collection! In this video there's titles for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 1, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, PC, Dreamcast, and the Commodore Amiga!
Apart from all that, It's a Pixel THING YouTube channel is celebrating its 2nd anniversary! Happy birthday, also, to all of you guys for making this possible!
Enjoy!

Video Game Pickups #8 - 80 Games! - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#91

Pixel THING's Season 3 is here! And with something that I've been always curious to try!
Since last December that I've been exploring the amazing TurboGrafx / PC Engine library and I'm simply amazed!
So, here's my 16 Top choices that everyone should also experience!
Enjoy!

My TOP 16 TurboGrafx / PC Engine Video Games - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#92

Back