• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Number Nine Revolution video card

tipc

Banned
Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Ce
Not mine. I asked the guy what does he mean by "it works", but got no reply. There are 2 or 3 hard to find and/or pricey ic's, and the s/w isn't to be found uim. There is no onboard firmware. It's a real obscure weirdo of a card, but had a small following if you will back in the day:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-16...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

There are 3 versions of the card, varying in memory or whatever. I had been corresponding with someone on the list, as we both have one.

The CRT controller is an NEC upd7220.

These were interesting, oddball cards. Rather than offer something more recognizable like 640x400, the early boards offered 512x480 resolution in 256 colors. If your card had more memory, it could produce 16-bit color but I'm unaware of the particulars (wikipedia claims "245,760 colors" but that doesn't make sense, it was more likely 2^18 which is 262,144 colors).

Back