• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Old Manuals/Books for Sale or Trade

Ihavenousername

As painful as it is, I have to start working on making my computer library a little thinner, since I need the room and any money I can get my hands on. I've been collecting books and manuals for computers and computer science just as long as I've been collecting computers, so it wasn't too hard to find at least a couple books out of the hundreds I could part with. Hopefully these can go to someone who will enjoy and use them as much as I have.

I'm mostly looking to sell, but if anyone, for whatever reason, has something on my wishlist they'd be willing to trade for some or all of these books, I'll add a general list of things I'm looking for after the book list. I'm willing to pay shipping on whatever I'm trading for, but the buyer has to pay shipping on the books either way. Although, since books can get pretty heavy, I'm willing to take the price down on the books if you're interested in a large number (most or all) of them. That way shipping won't be too much of a problem if you'd like more than a few books.

Book List (By Topic):​

Apple ][ related:
  • Apple IIe Programmers Reference Guide - ISBN 0-672-22299-X - $5
  • Apple Pamphlets/blank User Input Report paper - Free with any Apple IIe book
  • Apple II Monitor II User's Manual - $2
  • Apple II 80-Column Text Card Manual - $2

Programming Languages:
  • FORTH Programmer's Handbook - ISBN 0-9662156-0-5 - $3
  • Starting FORTH - ISBN 0-13-842922-7 - $4
  • Beginning FORTH - ISBN 0-8306-0822-2 - $3
  • BASIC: A Hands-on Method (1978) - ISBN 0-07-049146-1 - $5
  • FORTRAN 77 and Numerical Methods for Engineers - ISBN 0-534-98353-7 - $3

IBM Related:
  • IBM Microcomputers: A Programmer's Handbook - ISBN 0-07-054594-4 - $6
  • IBM ROM BIOS Quick Reference - ISBN 1-55615-135-7 - $2
  • IBM PC Для Поль30Вателя (Russian PC Book) - ISBN 5-86225-125-1 - $2

Unix Related:
  • The X Window System Programming and Applications - ISBN 0-13-497074-8 - $2
  • Exploring The Unix System (AT&T Bell Labs) - Indian Edition (In English) - $4
  • Advanced UNIX: A Programmer's Guide - ISBN 81-7029-107-0 - $4

Misc. Systems/Topics:
  • Computer Programming And Architecture: The VAX-11 - ISBN 0-932376-07-X - $10
  • Computerized Numerical Analysis (With Two Floppy Disks) - ISBN 0-03-001752-1 - $1
  • DB2 Concepts and Facilities - $1
  • Query Optimization by Semantic Reasoning (1990 Reprint From Master Copy) - ISBN 0-8357-1541-8 - $2

For Trade Only:
  • Commodore 64 (In Box, With Manual/Misc. Items, Needs New Power Supply)
  • Commodore VIC-20 and Datasette (In Box, With Power Supply, RF Modulator, And Three Games)

Things I'll Trade For:​

Commodore:
  • Any Commodore VIC/64/Plus-4 Compatible Modem - Up To 6 Books
  • Commodore 64 Power Supply (7-Pin Socket Type, Working) - Up To 8 Books
  • Plus-4 Programmer's Reference (Not the User's Manual) - Up To 3 Books
  • VIC-20 Programmer's Reference or User's Manual - Up To 3 Books
  • Commodore 128 (Working or Repairable Condition) - All Books Priced Under $10 or One "For Trade Only" Item
  • Any Amiga System (Working or Repairable, With or Without Peripherals) - Up To All Books, and both "For Trade Only" Items or $10 to $20 if Working
  • Misc. Commodore Products (Calculators, watches, etc. ) - Up To 12 Books

Misc. :
  • Apple ][ (Any Version, Working or Repairable) - 17 Books or One "For Trade Only" Item
  • Misc. Older Computer Systems (Working or Repairable) - Up To 17 Books
  • PIC Microcontrollers (Working, Not Heavily Used) - Up To 2 Books Per Chip
  • Nintendo 64 Power Supply (Working) - Up To 6 Books

All items will be shipping from south-east Michigan, and I'm willing to be flexible with shipping (special requests, shipping out of country). Like I said before, if you'd like to by all or a large number of the available books, I can take the price down to help with the shipping charges.

I'll keep the list of available books updated as things go, and you can contact me with any questions or with what you'd like to purchase via message or a reply here. I'm also willing to be flexible with the payment method, and I can accept payment through Pay-Pal or with a money order/check through the mail.

Last edited:
Back