• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Nerd Playing Old PC Games

Hello gamers. Thx so much for your awesome feedback here. I lost link to this forum, but I'm still uploading 😀. PC Gaming is the only passion in my f***** life 😀

That was my thought too. Some of these go well into the 00's.

Maybe he is an old nerd, but we're just really old nerds?

I consider old games to have a cutoff at right around 2000, with the prime years/best games being around '85 to the mid 90's. Quake 1 may be the peak IMO.
😀 Of course I respect 80's , same with early 90's. But for me, the best PC games were released at the turn of the millennium '96-'05 (Gothic, Morrowind, HoMM 3, Age of Empires, Diablo 1-2 ... and FlatOut as a representative of racing games) . Dos games circa '85-'92 are excessively difficult and the design, even if we don't want to admit it, was really awful in many cases (horrible controls, interactivity, slowness) - this is the main reason I play so few of them. It always costs me hundreds of failures, rage quits and especially time.
And so it was only after the release of the first Diablo, in my opinion, that the Gaming Industry began to change and take on intense, immersive values in game design. I know this is my very subjective statement. Let me know your opinions and thx for joining discussion guys 👍
Edit: I forgot to reply on Quake as a Peak for FPS genre. For me, it's definitely Half-Life 2 . But Quake will always be a legend 🙂
Just for clarification. My first machine that I started gaming on for real was the i286 . I've never even tried Atari, Nintendo or any other consoles. Unfortunately I didn't have access to the Commodore either, back in the days.

Last edited:
Played most of these on the list. Completed a few too. Knights of the old republic1 and 2 classic for the Star Wars nerd. Fallout collection too, and who hasn't completed House of the dead? Shooter on rails an arcade classic. Half-life 1 and 2 and the add ons etc.. are game changers. Nowadays fps games like Doom and Half-life give me motion sickness.
I'll drop by and watch the gameplay. Thanks for the gaming memory jog.. 😊👍

Early networked multiplayer games were great, start your pc using floppy based IPX network boot disk and load the game.
Shadow Warrior was one I remember playing, great fun hacking your co-workers to bits with a sword.

I love that you're rediscovering this era of gaming, but a quick note about the videos, you don't have to put "4K" in the thumb and description. The content isn't remastered in 4k, so it's actually somewhat confusing. Just upload :)

Back