• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

One small step...backwards!

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
The Preacher said:
"...nothing new under the sun."

It strikes me as humourous that after all the millions of $$$, and countless man-hours that have been spent on developing laptop screens that can be viewed from "any" angle, instead of just straight-on, now they (3-M) are advertizing a "Privacy Filter" that attaches to the screen to prevent someone on the side from viewing the screen (probably a simple "Poloroid-type" thinggy). Isn't that where we were about 10 - 12 years ago?

--T

Those were used mostly by people doing payroll and other things that need to kept from prying eyes, I don't see the normal user needing anything like that.

Well, I guess that the "advantage" today is that now you have a choice whether or not to share with your neighbors. And someone working on a payroll or other sensitive material ought to be in a cubicle all alone, not sitting elbow-to-elbow with two strangers in the coach section of an aircraft, as depicted in their advertizing.

--T

Who would be beind enough to have to payroll on a laptop? Isin't that usually done on a desktop and kept non-mobile for security reasons?

-Vlad

Maybe that someone on the aircraft is programming the next killer application and don't want prying eyes from Microsoft employees sitting next to him.

Back