• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Orange PET - Ebay UK

Well done! After meeting you I reckon you're an appropriate new owner (make of that what you will!) (p.s. glad it's gone to someone I like, it's rather good)

Photos !!!!

Photos !!!!

Hi Folks!

Well, I managed to pick up the PET over the weekend. It can confirm it is indeed orange!! :)
Some photos...
DSC03234.jpgDSC03235.jpgDSC03237.jpgDSC03232.jpgDSC03236.jpg

The seller had owned the machine for a number of years after rescuing it from a skip at Keele university where it had been used to control a centrifuge in the physics lab. The company, MSE still exists and is still sells centrifuge's. I doubt they still support the PET though :)

There are two extra boards fitted to the machine. When connected they cause the system to boot into a control program. Looks like the two EPROMs on the first board start the system up and then pass control to the BASIC program stored in the EPROMs on the blue card. I'm assuming the centrifuge connected via the IEE448 port as that might explain the device not found error.

That must have been a pretty doozy centrifuge to need computer control. I thought all they did was spin?! ;)

Back