• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Packard Bell Multi-Media Master CD 170096 / Windows 3.1

reject902

Hey everyone,

Looking for either Packard Bell's Multi-Media Master CD # 170096 or their Windows 3.1 OEM disk set.

Trying to restore a Legend 486SX that shipped with DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.1 and that Master CD contains all stock application goodies/drivers that I'm looking for. Not sure if the Windows 3.1 disk set would contain any goodies, but I believe it would at least have their splash screen so I'm interested in that as well.

Let me know what you have!

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the oldest Master CD their FTP has is with DOS6/Win 3.11 from 1995. I may end up trying that though.

I have two things that might help you. The first is the hard drive image of my PB Axcel 635. It has DOS and Windows 3.1 installed that you could use on your PB- probably from 1994. It includes all of PB's original programs including PB Navigator. The second is access to a trove of old PB Master CDs starting from 170123 and up. Those are for DOS and Windows 3.1.

That would be amazing! From what I see online, 170123 looks to be from June '93 which makes it just under a year from the October '92 release I was looking at.

Back