• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

panasonic KXL-D720 cdrom

1983dragon

not sure if its 'old' enough but then it doesn't seem to be on panasonic's site anymore and searching online hasn't turned up any worthy results so I need to ask these two questions: :)
do I have a 2x or 4x drive here?
I presume it still can do vcd's too?

(I checked the archive page and their oldest copy of http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/drive/index.html still only showed the KXL-D740 or newer like that page has never been updated on the information side for a long time so I decided to post here and see anyhow)

just got this thing today and still have to fix up something to give it the odd 10V it needs and to try an audio cd in it *looks at the MRC Tech II controller...hmmmmm I seem to never use it for trains anymore :p *

I'll be more than happy enough to post some quick photos of it tomorrow if anyone would like that

Video CD, a 650-700 MB video. Often heavily compressed. If you see companies or people offering to copy a DVD movie to CD, this is usually what you get.

well they're not always heavily compressed but hmm maybe you could be refering to svcd?

vcd is just mpeg1 but svcd uses mpeg2 as far as I can recall myself

next-day edit: tried some older recharged AA batteries I found and it works just perfectly fine for audio cd :D (now I just have to figure about the odd 10vdc 850mA power rating it needs and about what computer discs this thing can run)

Last edited:
Back