• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PATHWORKS info

hush

Experienced Member
hey all! i'd like to get some of my non-DEC machines speaking DECnet, so i've been researching PATHWORKS. i've been able to find some releases, but i want to make sure i have everything i need, so i've got a few questions.
  • is v7.4 the last available version for windows?
  • does anyone know what the latest version for OS/2 was? will it run on warp 4?
    • bonus points if you know where to find install media, i'm still searching...
  • are there any licensing or general caveats i should know about?
thank you in advance!

7.4 as far as I know was the last and I have no idea where a copy for OS/2 could possibly be.

I can definitely answer the licensing. In my tinkering I needed to have the copy of Pathworks licensed on my VAX 4000 for my Windows for Workgroups machine to pull down a license. It was a fussy experience because of the complicated layering of drivers, dos, and windows to get Pathworks to work, so make sure your versions all match and you follow any install manual you might find. I still need to get LAT and disk sharing to work one day, probably need to start all over again. It does at least connect to authenticate itself and make a terminal connection.

This document could be interesting for those that want some background on PATHWORKS.

Attachments

• pathworks.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
good info, thank you! i'll have to start hunting for licenses, should be a fun time... :)

Back