• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-11/93 Back Panel

The 9 pin connections are the standard 11/93 back panel ports for serial and a 25 pin serial console. The bottom right is DEQNA ethernet and the bottom left is SCSI. The system must have had or has a SCSI controller for the TZ30 tape drive in the front of the system

The line "Missing Components: Power cable and NO CARDS INSIDE UNIT" is worrysome. Though they say they can't test because they have no monitor makes me wonder if they opened the back and looked for cards.

The line "Missing Components: Power cable and NO CARDS INSIDE UNIT" is worrysome. Though they say they can't test because they have no monitor makes me wonder if they opened the back and looked for cards.
Judging by item https://www.ebay.com/itm/204381446647 they know how to look inside and price (high!) accordingly. Pretty sure that EMPTY really does mean that. I'll bet that all of the missing modules will show up as separate items "in the fullness of time".

Ah yes. I should have looked at their other listings. I have bought old(ish) DEC things from them before. Pity. $1600 is a bit high for an empty shell other than a TZ30. And whoever buys the board parts may be disappointed that the cabinet kits aren't available.

Upon further exploring I see they have an "11/53" in a similar state. I'm disappointed in them advertising an empty chassis as either an 11/93 or 11/53 when all the parts that make is such have been "harvested" for separate sale. And the prices! I would expect these to take a while to sell and go for a best offer price. But then I have been wrong a lot. 🙄

Judging by item https://www.ebay.com/itm/204381446647 they know how to look inside and price (high!) accordingly. Pretty sure that EMPTY really does mean that. I'll bet that all of the missing modules will show up as separate items "in the fullness of time".

$4000 for an M7554 KDJ11-D 11/53? I wouldn't want to try whatever they are smoking, I'm sure it must be addictive.

Maybe somewhere around $200 would be more reasonable if you really wanted a M7554 KDJ11-D 11/53.

Back