• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-8e f m front panel pcb...

firedome

Experienced Member
found one in the pile that is surplus to needs, so have it on the FS section now, anyone know a source for the missing panel lights in red? I've found 2 pin white bulbs as it has, to be available on Amazon, but my complete 8e has the red LED option, one of the earlier use of LEDs perhaps? Not sure if red incandescent bulbs were ever found on them.

I'm interested in the panel. Any price idea?

Original the PDP8/E had incandescent lamps. The PDP8/M and PDP8/F had LED's.
But many PDP8/E machines were converted to LED later. Mine as well...

Regards, Roland

I'm interested in the panel. Any price idea?

Original the PDP8/E had incandescent lamps. The PDP8/M and PDP8/F had LED's.
But many PDP8/E machines were converted to LED later. Mine as well...

Regards, Roland

And just to clarify, if anyone don't know.
The 8/M and 8/F have the same front panel as the 8/E, except for the change to LEDs. I never tested, but I assume the 8/M front panel PCB works just fine in an 8/E box.

And just to clarify, if anyone don't know. The 8/M and 8/F have the same front panel as the 8/E, except for the change to LEDs. I never tested, but I assume the 8/M front panel PCB works just fine in an 8/E box.

An 8/M or 8/F panel will work in a 8/E indeed. But I know there are some minor differences in front panel hole positions. Be careful.
The 8/E panel will not work in an 8/M or 8/F without modifications. The 8/E has a dedicated power for the lamps.
When you update the panel to LED's then you can use the 5V to power them.

The logic on the 8/m and 8/F differs from the PDP8/E. But both will work fine on the Omnibus machines.

Back