• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Picture of the internal frame for the SX-64

grimm

Experienced Member
I have been restoring a SX-64 and found that mine is a later version of the computer (built in early 84). There are some refinements made to the internal frame of the machine, to allow easier access to the floppy, etc. I wanted to show the differences between this version and the earlier version, but I haven't been able to find any pictures of the original frame. I don't want anyone to tear down their computer to get it, but if you have an image of yours that I could use, that would be great. Thanks,

Jason

I did find one image on the OldSilicon.com website. Although it doesn't show the entire frame, you can see how the floppy drive and the storage area are mounted differently than my SX-64.

Screenshot+2023-10-25+at+12.38.36+PM.png

Here's one I stored.

Attachments

• all-parts-sx-64-view.jpg
    all-parts-sx-64-view.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 17
Awesome, that is perfect, can I use it as an example?

Jason
Unfortunately I can not send you a PM.
I can't contact the original owner of that photo.
I think it's OK to use if you use it for educational (non profit) purpose.

It is only for educational use, no profit involved. :) I did notice in the image that it's missing a big piece of the machine, the power supply. And how are they powering the CRT with no power connection? Thanks again for the image, it shows all of the differences I wanted to show.

It is only for educational use, no profit involved. :) I did notice in the image that it's missing a big piece of the machine, the power supply. And how are they powering the CRT with no power connection? Thanks again for the image, it shows all of the differences I wanted to show.

I never noticed the the power supply is missing!

>And how are they powering the CRT with no power connection?

I guess it is the reflection from the grey screen (the glass for extra contrast is removed)
It is not a "Sony Black Trinitron" screen. So it will reflect light.

That makes sense. If you are interested, here is the thread where I'm restoring my SX-64...

Back