• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Please help

Hans01

Experienced Member
Request to owners of a Model 12, 16 or 6000 in Europe with a heavy power supply inside.
The model of the power supply is: Astec AA11082.
Can you check how the option for 220 volts is selected.
For this there is a jumper block on the edge of the power supply with 3 pins.
The options can be no jumper or a jumper on the two closest pins on the right side.
If you have a documentation describing this, you could also help me with the information shown.

Many thanks in advance.

AstecAA11082.JPG

@chulofiasco

Thank you for the manual, you won't believe it, but the answer on my question is not in it.
The option of selecting 110 or 220 volt is mentioned, but not how to select it.
Some people told me to use the two pins on the right side and others told to use no jumper at all.
Please could someone take a look in his computer to see how the line power is selected.

Last edited:
It looks like 115 and 220 are printed on the pcb. It might simply be moving the jumper over to the other side.

I got the power supply from the seller without a jumper and he told me to use it without the jumper.
The 115 Volt jumper has a label 115 Volt and makes no contact on the 220 Volt pins.
Is the 220 Volt jumper missing or doesn't exist.

Hi Hans

From the schematic if the link is connected to the "230 Volt" then the link goes Nowhere which is correct.
The 2 filter capacitors have to be in SERIES for 230 Volts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.59.54 am.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.59.54 am.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1
Hi Audronic.

Thank you for helping me. I had followed the link on the schematic and the PCB. On the schematic it goes nowhere.
This made me doubt about it. I think the only wise way is to setup a test circuit with dummy loads on the connector, before connecting the power supply
to my Model II.

Back