• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Please let me know if this is a good A2000 to buy..details inside

shaolin95

Hello all!

I still have 2 C64s...always loved it!
Never had the amiga though.
A local is selling this for $250:

one complete Amiga 2000 with a GVP memory card/hard drive and two 3.5" drives. One Amiga 2000 case with motherboard. 2 1084S Commodore monitors. HUNDREDS of disks of software, to include a HUGE number of original disks, UK magazine disks, Public Domain software collections, Operating system disks etc. The only thing missing is the video cable (I may very well locate it too). Includes a couple mice, the keyboard, a rare Gravis Mousestick, a couple joysticks, lots of documentation, etc.

What do you guys think?

I think it's more of is that a lot to you? Going rate it's probably not horrible but it's up there from what I've seen on non-ebay sales although I don't keep constant track of 2000 sales either. The good part is it comes with a bunch of software to play with and a potential parts unit. I suppose once you start buying documentation and software you'd probably get your moneys worth in this deal vs doing it all separately.

I would say its a bit high too... If it had an accelerator, then the price would be about right. Although, when you buy local you can check out the condition and save on shipping - so the choice is really yours...

Got ya...so maybe something like $200 will be a better deal?
He was telling me how even the 2 Commodore monitors are worth the asking price and that I could get 3 times that on ebay and so on..but I dont see that really when I looked at ebay.
In any case, my goal is to use one for the Amiga (he does not find the video cable though) and one for a C64.

$250 is not a bad price. I would offer $175 see what they say. If they do not like that go to $200. Here in WI a working A2000 without any extras goes for $200 or so. The fact that you have a monitor and all the software is a real bonus. Original software is getting harder and harder to find.

I hope he takes $200.
To clarify it is two monitors actually so I am pumped about using one with my C64 too. :)

The monitors unless they're the less common Stereo models probably sell for around $25 each on a good day so he's off there (at least that's what I tend to see, maybe $40/monitor on the high side). But yeah, a full working setup can reach that price, then if it's local to you there's the lack of a $40+ shipping cost which is nice to avoid the shipping and breakage.

True about the shipping.
I am waiting for him as he is trying to find the cable still..then I can have my Commodore Shrine!

$200 is not bad at all for what he has. There's a guy in Germany who makes new Amiga 1084 RGB monitor cables and sells them on eBay for around $10 to $15. Not cheap, but it's a scarce item these days as loose cables are easy to get lost.

I don't think $250 is out of line. The monitors are worth, I'd say, $25 apiece. I found them a bit unreliable myself, but you won't be using them day in and day out for hours on end, and they're Commodore, and they work with everything Commodore made. The Amiga is worth $150-$200 on its own. And the software is going to be very interesting to mess with, probably the best part. So even if you have to go to $250, it's not the end of the world.

The guy is probably referring to recent 1084S-D1 and D2 monitor sales. For some reason, most of those have gone for crazy money lately (i.e. upwards of $150 per with bunches of bids). Standard 1084S monitors typically go for $20-30, with pricing on other models (1080, 1902, etc) varying according to bid wars/demand.

So far as monitor cables, if you're competent with a soldering iron, just visit pinouts.ru and get the pinout for the 23->9 pin Amiga video connection. Solder it up on a 25-pin serial or parallel cable, dremeling off the left-most or right-most 2 pins to make it the 23-pin Amiga video sub. Or you could always purchase new connectors (or cables) off of ebay (IIRC, connectors were around $5 plus ship, and cable prices vary greatly)

Back