• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Problems with Model 4 display

John(Wales-UK)

Experienced Member
Hi

My Model 4 has developed a fault where the screen grow and shrink very slightly, much like the old power supply / disk access issue. However, the disks are not spinning and a new power supply built by Jay Newirth has been installed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

well if your replaced the PSU with a new modern version it's obviously not the issue. then the issues are pointing at the video board, next, likely a capacitor. time to pull it out and replace them

Hi

My Model 4 has developed a fault where the screen grow and shrink very slightly, much like the old power supply / disk access issue. However, the disks are not spinning and a new power supply built by Jay Newirth has been installed. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
I had this problem with both of my model 4's, and found that it was just simply a poor connection to the video board due to cracked solder joints at the pins.

Simply reflowing the pins fixed the problem.

I had that issue and it was actually dust bunnies inside the case draining the video high voltage intermittently

Back