• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Southwest professional electric typewriter - like-new condition ADLER SE1000CD

Covers: Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico

nevadaOZman

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping
I have a lightly used ADLER SE1000CD for sale. It was pretty much top of the line desk-top unit of it's day. (This is not a portable) Cost was $1443.50. I'm the original owner and have everything related to it, including type heads I bought for it (4 "golfball" type heads: 1 came with, I bought 3 more - all in like-new condition). (see images for font types) And yes, the cartridge print and erase tapes are still very available on-line (I recently bought a set). The Adler is in literally wonderful condition, save for the grey foldable plastic dust cover. It has some teeth holes from my cat. I made the mistake of leaving the cover on the ground while I was working on a report years ago and left the room for the night. Guess my cat gnawed on it - for what reason I have no idea. I also found he chewed the pull strings off many of the downstairs blinds that week. Weird bird. Maybe he didn't like his name: Deohgey (say it fast and out loud - hint: D.O.G.)

A few of the many features:
Horizontal half spacing
Switchable 10 to 12 Pitch
Impression Control
Quick Set margins
Built in Paper Support
Automatic Paper Injector/Ejector
Built -in Auto Correction System

WHAT YOU GET:
1- ADLER SE1000CD
2- 1 ORIGINAL SPECIFICATION SHEET
3- 1 USER HANDBOOK (MANUAL)
4- 4 PRINT HEADS (aka: Interchangeable Type Style Cores)
5- 1 TYPE STYLE GUIDE
6- 3 NEW TYPE RIBBONS
7- 1 SEMI-USED TYPE RIBBON (installed)
8- 1 NEW ERASE RIBBON
9- 1 SEMI-USED ERASE RIBBON (installed)
10- 2 ORIGINAL CLEANING CLOTHS (unused)
11- 1 ORIGINAL CLEANING BRUSH (unused)
12- 1 ORIGINAL CLEANING POUCH (unused)

The ABOVE items together weigh 39 pounds (ref: the top view pictures... sans packing material weight)

BACKSTORY:
I bought the ADLER to start my own 1-man consulting business. I did on-site technical work for other folks. I mostly used my ADLER for formal multi-layer quotes and receipts/invoices. Unfortunately via a divorce 15 months later I lost my whole business and had to re-enter the job market to get full time work. My Adler went into a closet and has been there ever since. Now nerve damage in my back affects my hands so typing is difficult. I also have vision issues, so I suppose it is time to part with my beloved ADLER. She was a great machine while I used it! (PS: If you weren't aware, ADLER was part of the ROYAL typewriter family)

IN CLOSING:
I can share with a lot of confidence that my machine is the least used typewriter you will find out there... 15 months of a few hours a week office work is extremely little in anyone's book, yes? So not as nice as my machine, I've recently found seriously used machines online for $250 and given the great condition of my machine I'm sure I could get more but I simply don't want to do that "back and forth, offer/counter-offer" thing. Keeping it simple: I'm willing to part with my nice ADLER for just $100 as is (shipping not included).

Attachments

• #20_12P.JPG
    #20_12P.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 4
  • #32_12P.JPG
    #32_12P.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 4
  • #44_12P.JPG
    #44_12P.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 4
  • #73_12P.JPG
    #73_12P.JPG