• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Program Code Blues

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Just went through some of my old Programming Tips (GWBASIC) in the Programming section and at some stage things like Brackets "()" and colons ":" were replaced with numeric codes in the code tags. Not sure why this has happen, I'm guessing it was an update. I've since edited some of that, but if it's going to happen again is there some way I can avoid it from happening and still have Brackets and Colons? :confused:

Sometimes, the HTML tag PRE helps, if this forum supports it. However, PRE comes with its own inconvenience.

Out of curiosity do you have an example of a post where that happened? You're referring to text in a code block like
Code:
print "testing" (this is a test)
printing out that annoying html &quot crap or unicode values? Have you tested in more than one browser?

- John

Yes it seems to be happening in the really old Programming threads where programs have been placed around Code Tags!

This one for example is an example of what's happening.

Ironically I posted a Turbo Pascal program back then too without putting any code tags around it and it seems to have come out just fine. You can find that here!

So it seems that posting without the Code tags fares better off. But what I think has happened is since those posts are so old they were done when it was the old forum board and when it was all upgraded, this happened. Unfortunately it comes out on the Archives as well.

Back