• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Programming a FreHD Pic

jodyspencer

Hello ... I am new here.. This is my first post;; and would like to get some help. I have the FreHD board I bought from Ian, I am building, What I need to know is the Configuration Bits For the Pic,, I am Using a Genuis G540 programmer and when I open the Pic hex file it asks me to set the configuration after opening the file in the data window,, I am assuming this means the Configuration Bits... can someone help.. I Have programmed a few chips like rom's and Atmega's but never a Pic.. so a detailed explanation would be great... Regards... Mike

Last edited:
Chirp.. chirp...chirp..... Well I think I can answer my question,, After talking with the creator of the FreHD.. I find that the Config. Bits are in the main.c file

/* Hardware configuration */
#pragma config OSC = HSPLL
#pragma config PWRT = ON
#pragma config WDT = OFF
#pragma config MCLRE = ON
#pragma config PBADEN = OFF
#pragma config LVP = OFF
#pragma config BOREN = OFF
#pragma config CCP2MX = PORTC
#pragma config XINST = OFF
#pragma config DEBUG = OFF
// protect bootloader 0000-07FF
#pragma config WRTB = ON

and are embedded in the Hex file.. I hope this info will be helpful for others that need it like me who is a beginner and needs help...
So as I understand it, You don't need to set the config bits to program the Pic chip.. as they are already there.. I will know for sure as soon as I have the FreHD completely built so I can test it..

Last edited:
Back