• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Project Compaq Portable 286 for Trade

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio

UmbrAtari5

Delivery Options
Local Pickup Only
I am looking to trade away a project Compaq Portable 286 for an IBM 5150. Please see the pictures (in Imgur) and notes about the machine below. Let me know if you have any questions or offers.

1) I have not used the 3.5 floppy drive; however, it does not throw any errors during the boot sequence.
2) The 5.25 floppy drive works, I have successfully read and booted from it several times.
3) The system boots from the Mini-Scribe hard drive (photo of contents in Imgur).
4) All keys are present and retro-brighted; however, some stems are broken. I attempted to glue them back together but had no luck.
5) The system crashes after roughly 5 minutes of use. I am not sure what the issue is.
6) The computer is in fantastic condition, both internally and externally; I was surprised, considering its' age.
7) The old foam and foil keypads have been replaced by modern TexElec keypads.
8) I have the carrying bag (not pictured) that I might be willing to part with. I have another Compaq Portable that I would like to keep it with, unless I can get a good offer for it.

20240203_145924.jpg

Last edited:
Back