• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Qantel Computer System

TomFCS

Experienced Member
Hey guys,

A contractor friend of mine called me today to check out some old computer gear he came across on a job site he was working at.

I took what pictures I could, but the lighting was terrible and the cell phone was just about dead so I couldn't use the flash. Anyway, it is an old Qantel Computer System. Here is what I can say about it so far.

About 15 terminals in total.

A couple of what appear to be tape units. (Qantel model 3401)

A two or maybe three foot high box full of BASF reels.

A large base unit about the size of a standard metal office desk that appears to have a power supply and a bunch of cards inside of it (not pictured unfortunately).

There was another unit with a single BASF reel in it. It had a door on top that opened like a car trunk revealing the reel. I'd say it was about the size of an ice machine or large copier. Too much stuff piled around it to get a good picture though.

And the last picture of two rectangular mystery boxes mounted on talble legs that I have no idea what they are.

I was told that the owner of the building was mostly interested in scrap value but that he may reconsider if he knew of an interested party.

I know nothing about this gear or even if it is worth anything at all, but I just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention in case there is some value here.

The guy I was with took some pics with his phone also and hopefully a little later tonight I can provide some better images.

FWIW the items are located in Hammond, IN. and unfortunately I have no way of moving or storing them.

So anyone know if this stuff might be worth a rescue effort?

qantel_IMAG0796.jpg qantel_IMAG0799.jpg qantel_IMAG0801.jpg qantel_IMAG0803.jpg

Back