• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

QBUS Card Reader Controllers

Mal

Experienced Member
I am aware of the CR11 (M8290/M8291) controllers for the UNIBUS.

What card reader controllers were available for QBUS?

The only one I am aware of is the MDB MLSI-CR11. I have one of those boards and have just scanned the manual for it -> http://avitech.com.au/?p=3749

I'm keen to find out whether there was a DEC QBUS card reader controller.

Supplementary question: The front page of the manual for the MLSI-CR11 refers to a "DATA 100" card reader. Does anyone know which reader (or family or readers) this refers to?

Some further context to these questions: I have a couple of PDI 2022M mark-sense card readers and I am keen to eventually get them working on OMNIBUS/QBUS/UNIBUS systems. I am aware of the excellent work David Gesswein has done in this area, but if other people have working systems, please let me know.

Malcolm.

I am aware of the CR11 (M8290/M8291) controllers for the UNIBUS.

What card reader controllers were available for QBUS?

The only one I am aware of is the MDB MLSI-CR11. I have one of those boards and have just scanned the manual for it -> http://avitech.com.au/?p=3749

I'm keen to find out whether there was a DEC QBUS card reader controller.

Supplementary question: The front page of the manual for the MLSI-CR11 refers to a "DATA 100" card reader. Does anyone know which reader (or family or readers) this refers to?

Some further context to these questions: I have a couple of PDI 2022M mark-sense card readers and I am keen to eventually get them working on OMNIBUS/QBUS/UNIBUS systems. I am aware of the excellent work David Gesswein has done in this area, but if other people have working systems, please let me know.

Malcolm.

DEC never did a card reader controller for the Qbus. And the one for the Unibus was not very common as far as I can tell. DEC was never much into cards in general. They wanted interactive computing... :)

Back