• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

***RARE*** TI-99/4A Cartridges

cudasales

Experienced Member
I received a couple of Rare Cartridges and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these.

CorComp TI/IBM Connection
Navarone Disk Fixer (This is the Original and not the Disk Fixer 2.0)

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

TI IBM Connection allows you to move text files from TI formatted disks to IBM PC formatted disks on your TI. It requires two things to work: a CorComp DSDD controller (either the one for the PEB or the 9900 Micro Expansion System) and two disk drives (preferably 360K). It may work with the Atronic or BwG disk controllers, as most software detects them as CorComp controllers, even though they are not. It will not work with Myarc, TI, or Percom Data disk controllers.

Navarone Disk Fixer is a sector editor program for your TI. It allows you to look at and modify the contents of sectors on the disk--and is a really easy way to destroy a disk if you don't know what you are changing. Hunt down a copy of the book: The Hidden Powers of Disk Fixer by Bill Gronos for a really nice manual for this cartridge. It may be on WHTech, but I haven't looked for it specifically there.

Of the two, TI/IBM Connection is seen much less often than Disk Fixer (by about ten to one--I have seen at least 10 listings for Disk Fixer over the years, and only one TI/IBM cartridge). I have both of these cartridges (I bought the TI/IBM when it first came out, and Disk fixer slightly later).

Thanks for the information. I am on the hunt for "The Hidden Powers of Disk Fixer by Bill Gronos" but have not been able to locate it yet in book or PDF format. Fortunately the Cartridge came with the Original Documentation but it is very vague.

I do have 2 Floppy Drives in my PEB Box but I still have the standard TI Controller and have been looking for a CorComp controller. I have seen 2 come available on Ebay in the last year but unfortunately I was outbid on both of them so that hunt still continues as well.

Again thanks for the information!

Back