• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Raven's CPU Store

As far as a p4 with emt64, the 840 / EE / 840EE cpu's had that option. Problem is, I believe they were only made for value range laptops... EMT64 really didn,t start until the 6xx series on socket 775. I have heard rumors of it in certain Prescott cpus, turned off by Intel. I have no clue or if its even possible to re-enable.
Yeah, the whole thing is pretty needlessly complicated - why they couldn't have it in there from the start or at least clearly mark P4s with x64, I don't know. I've looked on Intel's documentation archives and found certain Prescott CPUs that are supposed to support it, no mention of it being disabled, and I've been trying to get one of those, but they're difficult to come by, it seems...

Yeah, that's the only one I was able to find that looked like it would match...I'm still not 100% clear on whether it will work with my board, but at that price I might as well give it a shot!

TBH though, provided your case can do it, I say just get a used 775 mobo and P4D 805 or something cheap, whatever u can find bundled inexpensive. Then just upgrade later to a e5200/q6600 or something supported when the prices come down. Just a thought.

Since it sounds like you most likely have a nice agp video card, look for something like an ASRock 775Dual-VSTA motherboard. They have agp and Pci-e, and all over ebay for less then 30 bones usually... Not much more money, but a ton more flexibility for upgrades!

Last edited:
Yeah, I might do that in the not-too-distant future, but right now I'm just looking to cheaply upgrade what I already have (Intel 865 board with a GeForce 7600 and 4GB DDR400 - nobody's powerhouse, but reasonable for my purposes.)

Back