• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RCA Studio II Game Console -- Worth Not Destroying?

glitch

Veteran Member
I picked up a RCA Studio II from the MIT Flea for $15 with the idea of pulling the 1802, 2101 SRAMs and PIXIE for use in a COSMAC ELF. It doesn't seem like the Studio II was much of a success and/or sought after. Is it worth more than the ICs inside to anyone?

While it is not a popular console, I thought it is worth significantly more than the $15. However after checking recent eBay auctions, it seems the reselling price ranges a lot. Of course if you have no games to supply, it is less attractive even though it has some game built in.

Completed auctions:
Boxed with two games: $75
Boxed with three games: $130
Loose with two games: $30
Boxed with three games: $50
Broken unit (?): $30

Ongoing auction: Broken unit, $0.99 with 19h to go.

I've got a boxed RCA Studio II with a dozen game cartridges - some triplets! - plus a loose Conic M1200 which is a Studio II clone with added colour. The fact that Conic/Sheen/whatever clones were made a few years afterwards suggests it wasn't the total flop modern video game history revisionists want to paint. Indeed, it was technically inferior to the Channel F and both were steamrolled by Atari's VCS a couple of months later, but to me it seems this world only consists of good and bad, nothing inbetween.

Last edited:
Does it work? I may have an 1802 sbc type thing if you'd want to trade. Not sure if it works though :-/ I'll have to go through my boxes to find where I hid it.

Does it work? I may have an 1802 sbc type thing if you'd want to trade. Not sure if it works though :-/ I'll have to go through my boxes to find where I hid it.

No idea -- I don't have the power injector for it (though I'd imagine supplying +5 to the regulated side of the 7805 would probably do it). The case was opened up when I got it since the guy was mainly trying to sell it for the components, but all of the screws are in an envelope inside. The guy I bought it from said it worked last time he powered it up, some years ago (but we all know how that goes!).

If you've got an 1802 SBC in unknown condition, I'd probably be willing to trade!

Back