• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Recapping in Boulder/Denver area?

cuvtixo

This is my first time posting to this forum, years ago when I lived back East I used to check in on the site more. Anyways, I'm planning on buying a Compaq Portable (the later-named "1") I've never really done recapping capacitors, and although I could dust off my soldering iron, I'm a bit concerned about any capacitors in the power supply and any attached to the CRT. I expect these to be sectioned off from each other, I've only really looked at re-capping old Macs and other computers with a completely separate power supply, I'm not really sure what I'm getting into with the Compaq. Is there someone out there who could recap the entire machine for a reasonable price? Either an independent freelancer or at a computer repair shop (mostly my "experience" with repair shops is being told stories of various ways how they used to rip people off) I'm not certain what kind of response I can get here. And be patient with me, I have to double check that I set my notifications correctly, etc. Thank You. Happy New Year!

Back