• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Replacement key switches, model 4

Iainjh

Hello (-again )

Seems my model 4 has some intransigent key switches, they just don't register even after switch cleaner, repeat pressing, a large of tries etc etc

Is there a known supply of replacement keys switches for a matra / French made model 4?

I can see I could swap a few around from the number keypad, but suggestions where to find replacements are v much appreciated

Ta :)

Iain, is it the ALPS keyboard with the 4 lugs per keyswitch?

Are you removing them from your system and cleaning them internally like I show in my video?

Ian.

Hi Ian

It's a French Matra built model 4 non- gate array, (bas, who I understand you've spoken to! :) ) reports the key switches are the 4 pin switches

Yep idea is to clean, if still don't work, find replacements , if none available then to see if can repurpose from the numerical keypad - as a last resort I guess

What's your thoughts?

Could you please post a link or a YouTube search term for your video? Afraid not found that

Thanks

This is the video I mention:

Basically if after cleaning you still can't get the key switch to work then you need good used replacements. I sell them if needed but maybe there are TRS-80 recycler more locally who can supply them.

Cheers,

Ian.

Back