• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

'Report post' button not working

Tor

Veteran Member
As the title says. I don't think the 'Report Post' button sends anything anywhere. Over the last months I have reported a one-time post from a spammer more than once, and the spam post is still there. It's been there more than a year now! With spam link. I have reported spam many times over the years and have always assumed that it's been taken care of, but as I only use the 'New Posts' button to access the forum I don't see if the spam posts are actually gone. This one I had kept around because I had the thread in a separate tab, so in this case I did notice that nothing happened with the spam.

-Tor

Hi,

I think the "report post" button generally works. The problem may be that there are about three or four of us who will get the email and do something. While that usually works, it's not a guarantee and sometimes the spam does not get deleted.

Keep in mind that on a daily basis we have to approve new threads and posts for moderation, respond to the occasional IM asking for help on specific things, and respond to the spam reports. The spam reports do make it much easier for us, so we like those.

Oh, and somewhere in there we might get to read topics for fun. :D

Back