• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Request : King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (Non modified disk 1)

fs5500

Veteran Member
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/roberta-williams-kings-quest-i-quest-for-the-crown

I've got original IBM PC game of "Roberta Williams' King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown" as dual media.
(Version 1.000.051 / Int #09.19.90)

Unfortunately all disk 1 of both meda (3.5" and 5.25") are written (modified) by RESOURCE.CFG
It is impossible to recover (restore) sector as factory default. (No written status).
If all disk 1 were write protected, they wouldn't be modified.

I wonder anyone have non modified disk.
I want to recover (fix) the modified disk.

I don't understand the problem, resource.cfg just contains the hardware configuration, you can edit it if it has some wrong config.

I figured out that if 3.5" or 5.25" disk is not modified, I can recover (restore) both of them easily.

Posts to this thread have been deleted.

Sorry guys/gals ... No warez are allowed on this site.

Well i still don't get what the problem is, just wipe the contents of the file? Should play just fine...

He's into preservation and hacking of copy protections, and he's friends with the dev of the PCE emulator, IIRC. Basically, he's looking for an as-new disk... I don't have one, unfortunately, as all of my KQ1 copies were second-hand and written with (I was ALWAYS in the habit of immediately write-protecting and making copies of my originals for use, even at a young age, but most people didn't follow this method)

If anyone can give the following sector content of KQ1SCI, I can fix (recover/restore) disk as original default.

3.5" 720KB Disk 1

Sector : 8 (Root Area)
Sector : 1400

5.25" 360KB Disk 1

Sector : 6 (Root Area)
Sector : 704

I've recovered (restored) 3.5" 720LB Disk 1.

5.25" 360KB Disk 1 is recovered partially.
The problem is Sector 6.

Back