• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Retro LAN Party game suggestions

Screamer comes to mind, 8 player LAN runs on anything Pentium up and IIRC a lot of fun.

Screamer the racing game? I'll have to look for it. Hopefully it plays ok with modern LAN :p Diablo I sure doesn't.

We are becoming retro ourselves :)
My friend's comment: "My last LAN party before this one was in 2006. We played the same games." lol :p I like it though. Old games were just better.

I would recommend trying the original Unreal Tournament (UT99). Totally my opinion - but the game play was a lot better than UT2004. Used to have a blast playing that game!

Screamer the racing game? I'll have to look for it. Hopefully it plays ok with modern LAN :p Diablo I sure doesn't.
Yeah the racing game, iirc both 1 and 2 support 8 player LAN games. Whether they work today not sure :) We used to use it as great filler game if waiting for someone to arrive or whatever reason we just wanted a quick MP arcade game instead of a shooter.

Yeah the racing game, iirc both 1 and 2 support 8 player LAN games. Whether they work today not sure :) We used to use it as great filler game if waiting for someone to arrive or whatever reason we just wanted a quick MP arcade game instead of a shooter.
That sounds like a good choice. Especially if its boots fast/runs easily.

I would recommend trying the original Unreal Tournament (UT99). Totally my opinion - but the game play was a lot better than UT2004. Used to have a blast playing that game!

I've actually got UT99 in my vintage collection. I don't know if I ever actually played it, but I'll give it a go.

I'm tempted to get "more retro" next time around. Having so many issues with freaking Windows 10. Meanwhile, I have three different win98 systems and plan to build a 4th early next year. I hard parts for one more if I can get my hands on a light weight case. I have 1 XP system and could convert another one to XP. Then I'd only have to worry about troubleshooting the old games on one modern system.

Back