• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RISC OS and Hobbits

tezza

Veteran Member
The mention of RISC OS in the latest podcast is timely. Several weeks ago an Acorn 4000 came up on our local auction site. I decided my collection needed an example of an Acorn ARM RISC-based computer so I bought it. I've been so busy I haven't tested it out yet or added it to my collection page. It's interesting that these post-BBC/Electron Acorns have been kinda forgotten, but RISC OS does live on under the radar. ARM processors themselves have play a big role in mobile devices of course.

Oh and David, Martin Freeman plays Bilbo, not Frodo. Incidentally just on the Hobbit, I was in Wellington at a conference the day they held the world premier there. The walk from the conference venue at our national museum (Te Papa) and my hotel took me past the "red carpet". Pointy ears and wizard's hats everywhere! :)

Tez

I had a beer with "Frodo" a few years back.. actually it was a St Patty's day concert with Gogol Bordello. Pretty much a perfect bar day. Oh.. another funny offshoot was the first ebay auction I ever did (for an Amiga BBSes stuff) the seller was also a company like Acornsoft or something. Anyway I had never really found one to play with but they were always interesting in that regard.

Back