• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ROM Emulator for the NABU

I am very much interested in your project. Tell me more. I am interested because I have several different evolutions of NABU PCs:
and I would very much like to see how this functions with various revisions of NABUs

It looks like you can quickly change out the rom without pulling an eprom and reprogramming, by just leaving the teensy attached to a programming machine via a USB cable.

Fantastic work that you are doing trying to resurrect the Nabu, @LeoBinkowski ! You helped to create a really amazing system, and now many more folks are getting to appreciate it.

- Alex

I watched your video and see that you have a nice little programmer but an emulator would make ROM experimenting and switching a bit easier!

You would need to wire CE over to OE to use this ROM emulator in the NABU because the buffers are only enabled with OE on pin 22. Simple change...

I can send you one if you would like.

Last edited:
I watched your video and see that you have a nice little programmer but an emulator would make ROM experimenting and switching a bit easier!

You would need to wire CE over to OE to use this ROM emulator in the NABU because the buffers are only enabled with OE on pin 22. Simple change...

I can send you one if you would like.
I would be interested to try it. I might not get a chance until January due to holiday commitments, but I'll definitely look at then. Let me know how much I should send via paypal you to cover costs. I'll send you my details in a direct message.

Back