• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ROMulator Switches

miraco

Experienced Member
So I have built the ROMulator kit and found instructions on GitHub for a 4 switch version but mine has 8 switches. Where can I find information on this configuration?

https://github.com/bitfixer/bf-romulator/tree/master/config

Look here.

The switches are binary for the configs, so per the docs.

This entry has the set index 4. This number maps to a switch setting on the ROMulator's dip switches. Each switch is a binary digit, starting with switch 1 as the least significant bit.
So index 4 equals binary 0100. The 1s digit maps to switch 1, the 2s digit maps to switch 2, etc. Index 4 would be Switch 1 OFF, Switch 2 OFF, Switch 3 ON, Switch 4 OFF.

Currently the ROMulator supports up to 16 memory maps (indices 0-15). With an upcoming firmware update, ROMulators with 8 switches on the board will be able to select up to 32.

Hello, I need to update the readme there. Some earlier models had 4 switches, then added more since the flash had additional capacity and this would let you access more configurations.
Pushing a firmware update to support 32 configurations this week, so that will be switches 1-5. With the other three, some folks have asked for a way to easily turn off just RAM or just ROM, so switch 6 and 7 would be able to toggle RAM/ROM regions to be replaced or passed through.
Switch 8, reserved for some future function that has yet to be dreamed up.

Back