• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RT-11 V5.7, y2k, and copyright

Roe

Experienced Member
I have spent some time - and a tiny bit of money - trying to locate the current copyright holder of RT-11. Without success. (Mentec, numbered corp, etc., etc.)

Copyright law requires the holder to defend the copyright.

Can anyone think of a reason I should _not_ release V5.7 as a public service?

As I see it, the worst that can possibly happen is I get a takedown notice under the US DCMA, and I live in Canada...

I have spent some time - and a tiny bit of money - trying to locate the current copyright holder of RT-11. Without success. (Mentec, numbered corp, etc., etc.)

Copyright law requires the holder to defend the copyright.

Can anyone think of a reason I should _not_ release V5.7 as a public service?

As I see it, the worst that can possibly happen is I get a takedown notice under the US DCMA, and I live in Canada...

It is owned by Dave Carroll , as the corporation XX2247 LLC
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-carroll/13/791/a07

As near as I can find, XX2247 LLC no longer exists. Thanks, for the link, though, I'll try to contact Mr. Carroll.

I sent a PM to Roe with the contact information from the Colorado Secretary of State's office web site. xx2247, LLC is listed as being non-compliant with the periodic report filing requirement on July 1, 2014 and will be marked delinquent on August 31, 2014 if no correspondence is received from Mr Carroll.

Update: The periodic report was received on July 12.

Last edited:
Link worked for me from here in Oz, but I had to leave the last '&masterFileId=...' bit off the URL.
The bottom pdf on that page appears to show it was renewed only a few days ago, if I read it correctly.

Back