• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Running an XT-IDE in a TL/2 WITH the original hard drive?

Jibbajaba

Experienced Member
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’ve tried searching and haven’t found anything. I have a T1000 TL/2 with a 20MB HD installed. Is it possible to keep that hard drive as my C: drive, and stick an XT-IDE CF card in one of the slots so that I can use the partitions on the CF as D:, E:, etc? Or will they conflict with each other?

Thanks!

Chris

You sure can. Also the XTIDE will let you select the drive you want to boot to. I have it setup like that in my TL/3 and use the stock drive for one version of DOS and the CF for another version. It really helps in dealing with certain games that don’t play nice on newer DOS versions. You may have to fiddle with some jumpers to get it all working.

You sure can. Also the XTIDE will let you select the drive you want to boot to. I have it setup like that in my TL/3 and use the stock drive for one version of DOS and the CF for another version. It really helps in dealing with certain games that don’t play nice on newer DOS versions. You may have to fiddle with some jumpers to get it all working.

I took the card out of my 1000SX and put it in the TL/s. It kind of worked. I would randomly get file allocation table errors for the drive on the CF card, and have to reboot. I set up tha card for the SX though, so maybe I just need to have one that I format in that computer? In any case, I will probably buy another XT-IDE card for the TL. Thanks!

Chris

Back