• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RX50 and RX33 equivalent

PG31

Veteran Member
Does anybody know the floppy drives that are compatible with the RX50 and RX33? I recall Teac but can't find the model numbers.
Thanks. I'm following this on from one of the current threads.

If you have a failed RX50, then I suggest that you take the case and put 2 * RX33 inside. You will probably want to attach the case to the RX33 to keep everything tight as well as attaching the black plastic sled to the bottom. It should then be extremely easy to add a second edge connector for the second RX33 drive a short distance in front of the edge connector for the first RX33 drive. Make the edge connector for both drives without any twists. A very short Y power cable then provides the power for both drives instead of just the first RX33. All of the connections and cabling fit VERY nicely in the space between the end of the RX33 drives and the rear of the case from the RX50 drive.

To the best of my memory, any FD55GFR I have ever tried I have been able to make work with the appropriate jumper settings.

In my notes, I have used -142, -149, -226, -7149, -7193.

Lou

You might look at this info. In addition to a couple TEACs, it lists a Toshiba. This one has the same info, but includes a preamble about RQDX3s.

Back