• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

S100 system for sale - Z80 master / x86 slave

3BABY

Hi All,

A sad day, im looking at letting go of my S100 system. There are many boards as pictured (links below). The main system is an 18 slot backplane with a Z80 master (own design) and x86 slave, this is a 80386 board (a reworked design of John) and/or a 8086 board (Johns design). There are multiple other boards, my own 8MB SRAM board for the S100 bus (two of 0-8MB 9-16MB), i think only populated with 2MB currently. An FPGA i/o board (my design), the 80386 32MB RAM board (John design) still needs finishing with OTT ribbon), Compact flash board. There is a Serial i/o board with a Flah 25P storage chip on it. this makes development of code really quick.. no more writing proms.

As it stands the system bootstraps itself from the Z80 "loader" prom that gets the system into a Z80 monitor via reading it off a flash device, the user can then select to switch over to the x86 slave. When the slave is up, there is another monitor (written in x86 source) and one can move the system into protected mode. There are general i/o and debugging routines in each monitor. Im happy to provide the source and whatever resources i have. Im also happy to provide PCB files and there is a stack of bare PCB's enough to make close to another system x2 or 3. The current backplane is not terminated as i only use CMOS buffers. i think i have a terminated 18 slot backplane, if i find it ill throw it in.

Questions welcome. Serious offers only. Shipping from New Zealand

reserved for images.

and the 8086 board when i get a picture

IMG-20200907-084527.jpg
[/url]

IMG-20200907-084532.jpg
[/url]

IMG-20200907-084549.jpg
[/url]

IMG-20200907-084552.jpg
[/url]

Back