• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Sale: Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01

linuxlove

Veteran Member

Decided I don't play my Game Boy enough to bother with keeping, so here it is for sale.

You will get:
  • Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01
  • Galoob Game Genie and code book
  • Carrying case
  • One clear cartridge protector
  • Pokemon Blue
  • Pokemon Pinball
  • Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
  • Heinkyo Alien
  • Face Ball 2000
  • Arcade Classics 2: Centipede & Millipede
Game Boy condition
Unsurprisingly, this Game Boy has a couple small issues. The first issue is that the screen protector glue has dried up and become useless, meaning nothing is holding it in place any longer. The second issue is that the screen has some "dead line" issues, a common problem for most DMG-01 units. There is one horizontal and one vertical dead line. The vertical line will go away after a few minutes of game play and the horizontal line likes to flicker between working and not working. Other than these two issues, the unit plays perfectly.

Asking price & shipping info
$50 USD + shipping firm. This is about how much I've put into the system. I will ship worldwide.

(on a side note, I really don't like this WYSIWYG editor)

My sister just gave mine back. I had won it in a contest, and received it about a week before it was available for sale - with every Nintendo-branded game and accessory that was available at launch time. I was the envy of the eighth grade! (Even funnier, I didn't even remember entering the contest!)

I gave it to my sister, along with Tetris, a few years later because the Game Boy was obviously horribly out of date already, and I had upgraded to Sega Game Gear. My sister used it exclusively for Tetris for, what, nearly 20 years now? Of course, I ended up replacing the Game Gear with the (technically inferior) Game Boy Color a few years later, because of game selection... Now I finally have my original one back. I'm keeping it (along with the Color I still have, a couple Pockets I acquired somehow, the Advance I bought, the Advance SP and Micro I bought "just because", and the DS, DS Lite, and 3DS... I suppose I need to get a DSi just to complete the collection.....)

It's interesting but I haven't looked into it much but from what I understand it's a Z80 system inside. Seems like there should be more hacks on those than there are. They had a webcam, printer, some other external interfaces. Dunno what all the possibilities could be or if they've been rooted for homebrew development.

It's interesting but I haven't looked into it much but from what I understand it's a Z80 system inside. Seems like there should be more hacks on those than there are. They had a webcam, printer, some other external interfaces. Dunno what all the possibilities could be or if they've been rooted for homebrew development.

The homebrew/hacking community really took off with the Game Boy Advance (see http://gbadev.org ) largely because it actually has hardware worth hacking on. The original Game Boy, and even the Color, are really limited... There were some limited original (and Color) Game Boy hacks/homebrews, but it was very small. Most is more recent stuff doing lower-level hardware hacking, like completely repurposing the hardware.

Back