• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Samsung DeskMaster 386S/16 Motherboard Help Needed

geiger9

In a recent haul I picked up several of these Samsung DeskMaster 386S/16 machines. They were sold as is. In the five machines I have, there appear to be a few revisions of the motherboard. This one below had a varta battery for the CMOS which wasn't exploded yet so I went and snipped it from the motherboard. When I first powered this thing up it gave me four long beeps but then the next time I powered it up it gave me no beeps. This thing won't POST and there is no video.

I have tested the PSU and it is outputting the correct voltage on the P8 and P9 connectors.

I have installed RAM in this system that works in another DeskMaster 386s/16.

I have reseated the BIOS chips.

The only thing I can figure that is wrong is that it didn't like the CMOS battery being snipped. But even that is a stretch... it should still POST without it. On other revisions of this board there is no varta battery, only a header to connect an external battery. On other DeskMaster 386s/x machines, there are jumpers to enable an external battery. I cannot find any schematic or manual for this board unfortunately. I was hoping someone on here has experience with this particular machine and could help me out. The common ones to find online are the 386S/20, 386S/25 and 386/25 (N) but those motherboards are not like this one at all. I would love to know what the DIP switches do and what jumpers do what.

gq1WlqS.jpg

qTmYiGl.jpg

Back