• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SB11 BA11-V arriving, need MXV11

Roe

Experienced Member
I've got an SB11 enclosure arriving soon, and with only four dual-wide qbus slots, I'm looking for an MXV11 multi-function board -- an M7195 would be great, but any of them with at least 16KW (or upgradable?) would do the job.

Cash or swap, I've got a pretty good qbus spare set, and a VAX boardset with CPU, two memory cards, rear bulkhead/battery unit, and overhead ribbon cables...

I've been looking for an SB11 for some time now. The BA11-VA is great looking and I have TU58 in matching enclosure. Where did you get yours?

I'll take a look in the inventory and see if I have any MXV11 to spare, unfortunately I'm quite sure I don't.

I got the SB11 on eBay. Strangely enough, I also have the matching TU58, which I am going to have to replace the capstan pucks in (at least :)

Yes, those crumble or turn to goo.. I have the same problem. May I ask how much you payed for the SB11?

Do you have any experience with the TU58 tapes? I imagine the internal rubber band will need replacement just to be safe; what about "baking" the tapes to make sure the oxide doesn't peel off the mylar?

Thanks.

I think I found the ebay auction, it was very nice looking.

Regarding TU58, I only know what I've read on the web.

I looked through some of my boxes and I couldn't find any MXV11. There are some hard to reach boxes that might have one, but if there is only one I am likely to keep it. Sorry :(

Perhaps you should join the classiccmp.org mailing list, lots of DEC-heads there.

The M7195 MXV11-B seems to be one of the less common boards. I have only managed to pick up one of them that wasn't too overpriced.

How do you want to build up the system with the 4 dual wide slots? Do you have a Q22 version of the H9281 backplane? I suppose something like an M8186 KDF11-A 11/23, M8043 DLV11-J, maybe a 3rd party memory board, plus a CMD/Emulex/Dilog SCSI controller would make a nice little system if all of that would work. If you wanted 2 storage controllers or a DELQA Ethernet controller then I suppose you would really need an MXV11.

Back