• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest Seattle Computer Products 8086 S-100 System (Complete)

Covers: Oregon and Washington

mkstabd

Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Complete Seattle Computer Products 8086 S-100 system (see link for pics):

S-100 Cards (Manufacturer: all cards made by Seattle Computer Products, verified original by Tim Patterson)
- SCP-210 CPU Board (Intel 8086 based)
- SCP-301 CPU Support Board
- SCP-110 64K Static RAM board (qty 4)
- SCP-500 Disk Master Floppy Disk Controller
- SCP-400 Multiport Serial Card

Includes documentation for each board. Last time I booted it up a few years ago it was running great. I bought it back in the mid 80's to get through some university programming classes. I was the 2nd owner. The first owner gave me a stack of 8" floppies with quite a variety of apps and utilities, including DOS 1.25, DOS 2.00, word processors, spreadsheets, compilers and assemblers.

The system has been traveling through time in a dark, dry closet.

I'm also parting with all my other vintage computer equipment, including a dual 8" floppy drive in a matching case to the SCP system. I have 2 other 8" drives, plus a dual external 5.25" 320k floppy drive set, new and used 8" floppies (new box still shrink wrapped) and a Televideo 955 terminal.

If you have any interest, let me know and we can figure out what it's worth.

Hi,

Neat stuff for a new collector! Hopefully, somebody in their 30's for 40's grabs it and takes good care of it. Somebody needs to make .DSK files of all the programs and documentation the post it all on archive.org ...

Hi,

Neat stuff for a new collector! Hopefully, somebody in their 30's for 40's grabs it and takes good care of it. Somebody needs to make .DSK files of all the programs and documentation the post it all on archive.org ...

@wperko Thanks. It's a miracle the electrolytic caps have lasted this long! It's a real workhorse machine.

I have considered scanning all the docs and dumping the ROMs for the community. The first owner marked up the docs quite a bit, but with pencil, so worst case is, I could scan them and clean them up a bit before posting. That will be a weekend project sometime!

It looks like the 8086 BIOS is SCP1.9. I also have the SCP DOS disks that came with the system. I learned quickly to boot from copies because turning power on and off with the floppy doors latched is a guarantee to destroy sectors on whatever disk is inserted!

Hi,

Yeah, so many people are always looking for docs and ROMs, and although they may exist somewhere with some machine in an attic or basement or garage, it's important to get all that stuff online to share with the collectors and other hobbyists.

I've scanned in a few odds 'n ends documentation for people ... you should be able to find the BASIC/Z Native Code Compiler Reference Manual ... I could just barely remember the BASIC Z name ... but it's there

Back